The India Mobile Congress 2017 was the host of a Mediatek event where the Chinese company announced a new entry-level chipset MT6739. The SoC has a quad-core CPU and supports two main cameras, 18:9 ratio screens and dual VoLTE.
The processor has four Cortex-A53 cores and operates at up to 1.5 GHz. Its screen resolution support is limited to to 1440x720 pixels - 720p in 18:9 ratio. The modem is LTE Cat.4, and dual SIMS are supported.
Here’s a full list of the MT6739 specs:
- CPU: 4x ARM Cortex-A53 up to 1.5GHz
- Memory: LPDDR3 (Up to 3GB, 667MHz)
- Storage: eMMC 5.1
- Camera: 8M+0.3M (VGA) dual camera
- Video Decoding: 1080p @ 30FPS, H.264/HEVC
- Video Encoding: 1080p @ 30FPS, H.264
- Graphics: IMG PowerVR GE8100 up to 570MHz
- Display: 1440 x 720
- Modem: 4G LTE Cat. 4 DL / Cat. 5 UL (FDD/TDD), C2K SRLTE, L+G, L+W/L+L DSDS, eMBMS, HPUE, 600MHz band supported
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, FM, GPS+Glonass / GPS+Beidou
The MT6739 is arriving as an update to the MT6735, and will power smartphones by the end of 2017.
Follow us on Twitter
Like our page on Facebook